Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sale!!!

Palmetto State Armory (PSA) is offering their "M4A1" with Aimpoint PRO for $999!  This is an awesome setup and an amazing price--perfect for new shooters or someone looking to pickup a carbine. 

The only thing I don't like is the BUIS and the buffer spring (black v. chrome).  These can be easily remedied!

The PRO itself is a $400 optic.  I was lucky to be able to pick one up on discount for around $375.  The mount screw is a little bulky but it doesn't bother me.


Couple of other things I like about this setup...  Barrel is Cold Hammer Forged (CHF), which produces more accurate barrels, and is made by Fabrique Nationale (FN) in South Carolina.  FN is a major defense contractor and has been making M16s and M4s for the services for many years.  I was once issued a FN M16A2 a long, long time ago.  Bolt and BCG specs are also impressive.

PSA has also made this setup as close to mil-spec as a civie can get.  Folks who go mil-spec recognize the massive resources that have gone into finding the most reliable parts and manufacturing processes.  For purists:  this is a 16" barrel not the 14.5" that can be found on the real M4.  This also means the carbine can be purchased without NFA entanglements.

PSA's lowers are no-frills and top notch.  The lower I have mated up with a Daniel Defense upper with less play than my factory Colt 6920.  All lower parts were in spec and assembly was easy.

Here is a pic of the PSA/DD build I completed earlier in the year...

No comments: